Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: Message to My Daughters

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Message to My Daughters

I'm a preacher. (You've figured that out by now?) I found myself "preaching" to both my 12 and 20 year old daughters. (They know when I go into preaching mode. As an Italian, I start using my hands.)

I was saying this to them...
You need to become experts in the Scriptures. I'm not kidding. You need to know the Bible front to back, back to front and front to back again. You need to know it! ~ so you'll be able to save yourself and those who hear you. (1 Timothy 4:16)
It's going to be crucial that you become an expert. Just like you are on Nintendo Wii. You are experts with video games. You are way beyond me. I used to have all the genius tricks and now you do! (Right about here my 12 year old chimed in and said, "Dad, you never had any genius tricks." That was beside the point.)
You need to know the Bible! (I went on) 99.9% of the people sitting in church don't know it ~ not like they should. It's your destiny. (I was saying that because, if I'm convinced about anything, I'm convinced that my kids are just as quote "called of God" end quote as their dad and their mother.) It's your destiny!
(I closed) When I'm on my death bed, I want to see two daughters there who are replacing one dad who go far beyond my ability in God's Word. (And who's gonna take over my Twitter site after all?!)
My daughters listened. (Just when you think they don't, they do.)

Dads, preach away!

You might also be interested in:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

do you think it's possible that alot of people "know their Bible" but don't follow it? thanks for posting.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous mcProdigal said...

I tell my online friends that the one thing that you cannot know about me without meeting me in person is how much my hands fly around when I talk.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

this is awesome - that will be their biggest tool ever.

hahahah and I talk with my hands too.

maybe its more of a "talker" thing. :)

yes @rob - many, sadly enough, know their Bible and choose to ignore it. not sure why but they do.

Thx Preacher Mike!

@spreadingJOY

3:35 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, prada handbags, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, nike air max, coach outlet, christian louboutin shoes, true religion, prada outlet, michael kors outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet store, christian louboutin, nike shoes, michael kors outlet online, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, kate spade outlet online, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet online, nike free, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, burberry outlet online, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online, polo ralph lauren, gucci handbags, ray ban outlet, true religion outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley vault, longchamp outlet, coach purses, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, tiffany and co jewelry, nike air max, coach outlet, red bottom shoes

5:44 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

p90x workout, ghd, nike huarache, nike trainers, babyliss pro, lululemon outlet, rolex watches, longchamp, new balance outlet, vans outlet, mont blanc pens, uggs outlet, ugg soldes, insanity workout, roshe run, canada goose outlet, north face jackets, marc jacobs outlet, north face outlet, canada goose outlet, celine handbags, uggs on sale, jimmy choo shoes, ugg boots, valentino shoes, abercrombie and fitch, chi flat iron, bottega veneta, ugg outlet, reebok shoes, soccer shoes, giuseppe zanotti, wedding dresses, instyler ionic styler, canada goose outlet, soccer jerseys, mac cosmetics, canada goose, mcm handbags, beats headphones, asics shoes, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, hollister, herve leger, ugg, birkin bag

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters