Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: He Knows Your Name

Friday, September 02, 2011

He Knows Your Name

My wife and I decided to start a family. That's when God spoke to her (Kim), "Your child will be a warrior." (Yeah, God speaks to people - especially my wife.) And so we went about our merry way living our lives day to day.

Over the course of time we were considering names. I can't remember the choices for a boy, but I'd always loved the name, "Kelly," for a girl. From childhood I just thought it was the best name.

And so we had one of those baby books with the names and their meanings in it. (You've probably had one.) And on another day I said, "Let's look up and see what the name 'Kelly' means," just for fun and not thinking anything of it. And so I thumbed through the book to "k." And then what we saw ~ we were quite fascinated by it. (You will be, too.) "Kelly" means "warrior woman." (Isn't that just wild?) And so we went about our merry way living our lives day to day (again).

And we wanted to do it the traditional way of not knowing the sex of the baby prior to birth. (Remember that?) It was a long one that first labor for Kim and then a C-section. (I'm so sorry honey.)

But finally the baby came.

I'll let you guess what we named her.

She is 20 now and quite the firebrand for Christ and country ~ just like He (Jesus) said. Wow. (Follow her on Twitter: @warriorwoman91. She wanted me to mention that.)

"Your eyes (God) have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them." (Psalm 139:16)

You might also be interested in:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

7 Comments:

Anonymous mcProdigal said...

I named by daughter Samantha ("wise one") after the character from Bewitched and she grew into the one who best understands my most meaningful moments.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Thanks for sharing :) I Follow your wonderful daughter, but had not seen this post before.

My son Todd's first name (that I chose) is Andrew - means Courageous. As I was pregnant with him I always prayed that God would use him mightily...that he would indeed be courageous.

Megan Means Pearl - she is a precious jewel indeed.

Thanks Pastor Mike for sharing some of your family with us!

{{HUGS}}
@spreadingJOY

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Mike ~ said...

I've been following her for many months now. :-D

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Christine @LifeVerse said...

We named our first daughter about 2 years before she was even conceived. (Excited to have a kid, can you tell???) Her name Emi-Lee Rose became the name of three grandmothers, three generations all combined into one small baby girl. We called her by name, even before she was born. My 2nd daughter Katy means "spotless, pure." We'd like to rename her Abigail because she confronts any "David" standing in her life.

Richard, per my book Samantha means "God heard."

Marie, per my book Andrew means "evangelism."

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Christine @LifeVerse said...

You were conceived by God long before you were conceived by your parents. Mark Batterson quote from "Soulprint"

8:47 AM  
Blogger LIKE A TEAM said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

My name (kirsten) means follower of christ/ annointed one

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters