Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: 11 Tips About Blogging (plus 1 bonus)

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

11 Tips About Blogging (plus 1 bonus)

This is a quick one. In and out. I first tweeted these as a twitter series. I've added #11 and a bonus (in case you saw it). They're rules I live by as a full time Christian blogger (hobby) for the better part 6 years. (Of course, there's much more under the surface of these icebergs.)

So here you go with...

11 tips about blogging (plus 1 bonus):

#1: I pray for Jesus to energize me.
#2: I listen to my favorite music for inspiration.
#3: I let my writing “simmer” overnight.
#4: I write & write & write some more.
#5: I read & read & read some more.
#6: I press through writer’s block & brain freeze.
#7: I don’t expect perfection.
#8: I am myself & happy with it.
#9: I "try" to stay a week ahead. (Approx 3 or 4 posts.)
#10: I remember it’s Jesus I’m writing for.
#11: I write "tight." KISS: Keep it simple, silly. (I changed it to that last word. ;P)

BONUS: I understand the day aheartforgod.net gets the most visits (Saturday ~ clickable picture above) and at what time (5 a.m. Pacific USA every day ~ clickable picture on right) and capitalize on it (by tweeting blog post urls).

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

9 Comments:

Blogger Kalita said...

Oh I see blogging in a whole new perspective from reading these tips... Thank You for sharing them..

4:29 PM  
Blogger Jeff Schicke said...

Good words. We bloggers, especially those of us who call ourselves bloggers, should try to write something that any editor/publisher would be happy to accept. I've rushed to submit a blog entry, & read it back later on & cringed at how I had written it.

7:36 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

these are great! Often we want perfection when we need to just write from the heart! Love that! Thank you for how you continue to inspire and motivate us to do our best AND be happy with it!

{{HUGS}}
@spreadingJOY

3:53 AM  
Blogger Angelica Perez said...

Great tips, although the christian blog I write is on Spanish, these tips can be applied to any blog written in any language. :D There were a few points there that I hadn't looked into before or least thought about that way. Thanks!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Donna Amis Davis said...

Thank you for this post. I'm late to the party here, but your words are still timely. I love seeing "I pray for Jesus to energize me" as Tip #1. So refreshing.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Maureen Carroll Sebek said...

Excellent tips. I love your passion - it comes through big time. I'm pretty new at this and appreciate your advice!

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips! I love your blog by the way! :D

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If some one needs expert view regarding running a blog then i propose him/her to go to see this webpage, Keep up the good work.


my homepage - minecraft free

5:13 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, prada handbags, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, nike air max, coach outlet, christian louboutin shoes, true religion, prada outlet, michael kors outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet store, christian louboutin, nike shoes, michael kors outlet online, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, christian louboutin outlet, kate spade outlet online, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet online, nike free, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, burberry outlet online, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online, polo ralph lauren, gucci handbags, ray ban outlet, true religion outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley vault, longchamp outlet, coach purses, chanel handbags, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, tiffany and co jewelry, nike air max, coach outlet, red bottom shoes

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters