Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: Field Trip to the Empty Tomb

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Field Trip to the Empty Tomb

If I could go on a field trip today, I'd first go to Gethsemane. I would see how close Jesus was to His Father. Then I'd go to the High Priest's house and Pilate's court. It's amazing how much He bore in shame and humiliation and injustice for us!

Then I'd go to Golgotha/crucifixion hill. I'd remember that when Christ died, His death paid for all my sin. By faith I am free from shame, condemnation, the cloak of guilt, the nagging reminder. I am dead to the laws and alive to God.

Next stop~the Tomb~it's empty. That's the reassuring proof I need. The price was paid. There is no pending overdue notice. The debt can't even increase with inflation, age or cost-of-living expenses. No interest is compounding. It has all been covered. I am free to become whole.

Finally, I'd go to the mountain where He ascended and I'd remember that the relationship continues~He and I and I and He~and therefore I will always have hope. Thank you, Jesus.

"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness." (Psalm 30:11)


(Kim Campagna is the author of this post. Picture under the GNU Free Documentation License at wikipedia.org.)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters