Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: Why I'm Glad I'm Not Chris Brogan or Guy Kawasaki

Friday, November 13, 2009

Why I'm Glad I'm Not Chris Brogan or Guy Kawasaki

Now at the outset I must concede the fact doesn't escape me that some will read this just because of the big names mentioned. (Ya think?) Notwithstanding I do have a sincere purpose (it's not to gain traction) and indeed am glad I'm neither CB or GK (or any other guru in the social media realm for that matter). And I'd be lying if I said I never wished I was either/or (at least early on). Don't we do that with "celebrities" in any field? We become "star struck." We see their success and daydream, "If only that was me." (Have you ever wished like that about a baseball player or Hollywood actress or somebody else? Sure, you have.) But the truth is when the glaze over our eyes fades away and we really think about it ~ you know, these two guys really have a lot of headaches that I don't have. And do I really want to check and respond to all those emails every day? (Well, sometimes they hire somebody for that.) And then there's the criticism about how and why they do what they do on Twitter and Facebook, etc. Hey, I don't have that headache either. That's cool. I can handle that. Which brings me to the simple point I wanted to make and the real "why" I'm glad I'm not Chris or Guy beyond these initial advantages. Have you figured it out? And why is it that we would not want to have available to this world and the people in it the following: who we are, what we've been made to be, what we have to offer, what we have to say? Why is it? And just think of what everyone would miss out on of the unique characteristics, perspective, personality, passion if you were somebody else other than who God made you to be? So put it out of your mind that "What if I was somebody else?" thing and just be (spell it) Y-O-U ~ you. You'll be the better for it and so will we. And isn't that really what Chris and Guy would ultimately say? (Now I'm putting words in their mouth?!) (flickr image by Sorn/CC BY-SA 2.0)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger you gotta wonder said...

Very thought-provoking. And timely. This seems to go with another post I just read on Proverbs 30:7-9.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters