Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: God's Ways Not Our Ways

Thursday, January 21, 2010

God's Ways Not Our Ways

Think back over your own life living for Jesus and the certain situations you may have found yourself in and how probably many of them didn't necessarily go as you thought they should go. Right? And even when you prayed and sought the Lord - and even when you were faithful to the best of your ability - even then still God moved a little bit differently and did things a little bit differently than if you would have been in charge. Right again? And if we were in charge we would have had this and that take place. And we would have had it that the car didn't break down. And that our husband or wife didn't lose his or her job. And things would have been a whole lot easier and worked out a whole lot faster with no headache or heartache. (What's got your heart hurting today?) Isn't it true if we were in charge, we'd have done things a little bit differently than many times God does things? We'd have had it so we wouldn't suffer or be put at risk or face anything that would challenge or test us. And yet that's how God many times works - in just that way! It's the best way, my brothers and sisters. Did you need to be reminded? God's way is the best way. Even when it hurts. Even when we don't understand. Jesus is perfect. He never makes a mistake. He never gets it wrong. "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Neither are your ways My ways,' declares the Lord. 'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.'" (Isaiah 55:8-9) "But He knows the way I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold." (Job 23:10)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Ailsa Wright said...

Thank you. Sometimes we need to hear this said again, even when we already know it.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Joe Sewell said...

You are correct, of course. I just wish I didn't feel like I messed something up when God doesn't follow my plan.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Jeff V said...

Gods way is always better, even if the journey is difficult. He doesn't give you more than you can handle.

http://www.godsurfer.com

4:56 AM  
Blogger marciano guerrero said...

One has to be dense to choose the human narrow way over the divine and infinite way

10:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dis message came to me at d ryt tym.tank u

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters