Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: Testimony of a Video Blogger

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Testimony of a Video Blogger

"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14)

I have a confession to make. I'm not an alcoholic. I'm not addicted to drugs. But I am a computer geek. (There. I said it. I feel a whole lot better.) I spend large amounts of time on and in front of the computer. (More than the average person.)

And I guess this is meant to be a sort of testimony of what God has done with someone who has this propensity, loves Him with all his heart and uses how he's wired to share the Gospel of His beloved Son.

It was in February 2008 that I prayed to the Lord and asked Him to open a door of ministry online. I had effectively been out of professional ministry for about a year (after having been in it the better part of the last 15). I had no idea what God could or would do. He had a blogger (me) and a video blogger (me again) and a Bible teacher. (You can take the man out of the pulpit, but you can't take the pulpit out of the man.) And with Windows Movie Maker in hand and a newer laptop, Christ (in me) went to work.

I stepped up my vlogging. I began posting to godtube (now tangle.com) and youtube. And I hit 10,000 video blog views in 4 months (June 2008). (My wife and I celebrated.) I sought to take it to the next level. I thought, "If I can get this amount with this many posts, how much more can I get with double, triple, quadruple?"

I stepped up my vlogging again. And I hit just short of 60,000 video blog views 6 months later (Dec 2008). It was around that time that I struck gold. The online platform Twitter was rising as the latest social media star. I latched on and never let go.

The following year of 2009 ~ quite frankly I just don't know how I will ever be able to top it, but I'll try ~ in 2009 I hit just short of 180,000 video blog views for the year. (That's almost 500 per day.)

And people were/are watching (and reading the blog posts, too) from all parts of the world: The Philippines, India, Australia, Germany, Brazil, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, South Africa, Israel, North Korea, Venezuela, Italy, Turkey, Malaysia, The UK, Iran, Mexico, The Netherlands, Chile, France ~ on and on the list goes. (Could this be a fulfillment of Matthew 24:14? I think so.)

At the writing of this post my vlog views have just surpassed one quarter million (with thousands of visits to aheartforgod.net annually). These numbers may not compare with others in bigger markets and with bigger names, but from a nowhere town in a nowhere place they're huge.

All praise to Jesus alone. (So how might God use you?)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Tyler said...

I REALLY like this post! I have a good one for you. My friend Paul's in the Navy and he's getting deployed for a couple of months starting next week. The cool thing about it is that the rest of us guys in Bible Study are going to dnload Skype so we can do the webcam conference call on bible study night and keep him in the loop. Oh, b4 I forget, I follow you on twitter @tylersorrells :) so you've got one follower there too! Keep the faith!
Tyler

12:05 AM  
Blogger The 12 Apostles said...

Cool post Mike :)

Vic

Twitter :: The12Apostles
www.endoftheworld.net

><>

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters