Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: A Mountain Top Prayer

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Mountain Top Prayer

I climbed to a mountain top recently. It wasn't just any old mountain top. It was the mountain top where I had prayed for a wife many years earlier. I prayed there, "Lord, I want to get married. It needs to be a woman who loves You just like I do." And so this was the very same mountain top on which I now stood. But this time it was different. You see, my wife was with me (the one I'd prayed for so many years earlier) and along with her, our three kids, ages 18, 16 and 11 were also there. Wow. Talk about cool. When I'd prayed for a wife long ago it never crossed my mind we'd be there in the future standing together like that. But God knew we would be. Actually, He planned it that way. And did you know that prayer isn't so much us asking God to do something as it is us agreeing with God as regards what He's already decided to do? And so it was really God who prompted me on that mountain top to pray for a wife so that what He had planned would come about. Wow. That's cool, too. "This is the confidence which we have before Him (Christ), that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him." (1 John 5:14-15) "But He knows the way I take." (Job 23:10) (That's my little one, Theresa, in the picture at Coyote Hills in Newark, California.)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Beautiful post :) Thank you!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Conrad said...

awww.. that is so sweet...

God bless...

6:03 PM  
Blogger Irishgreeneyes said...

Amazing Post

6:04 PM  
Blogger truthsayer1st said...

I know He heard me and my prayers are answered.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous dew133 said...

Praise the Lord!

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prayed for a husband I'm 47
I was married it was a total disarster he took each of my children and turned them against me and he married my only Christian gf I had at the time after 11 yrs of marriage
I prayed just now for a new husband that loves me like god loves me to establish relationships with my children whom are 22 19,16 whom I've not been near for over 3 yrs ( due to my ex )
They live interstate ( 3 hr plane trip)
I pray my new husband will establish to live in the same state as my children so I can reclaim what was deliberately stolen ( on access visits) and I can be a mother near to them as and help them as I believe god wants me too
I've been alone too long and I need my family a husband to love me without abuse and for me to trust a new husband and to love me without abuse

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters