Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: Six Six Six

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Six Six Six

“You need wisdom to understand the number of the beast! But if you are smart enough, you can figure this out. Its number is six hundred sixty-six, and it stands for a person.” (Revelation 13:18; Contemporary English Version)

Where did it ever happen that we thought we should be afraid of a number?

I know it’s associated with some pretty dark things in the Bible, but it really amounts to nothing short of superstition and paranoia to act in such a way.

And especially if you’re a Christian!

Does somebody need to hear this?

You can throw all the triple sixes at me that you want. You can whisper it in my ear: “6-6-6.” You can write it down on a piece of paper and mail it to me in the mail (or tweet it to me on twitter!). You can sell me a house that has it as the address. You can even point out the time on the clock when it’s six minutes and six seconds past six. And do you know how I’ll react? If I want to get a charge out of you, I’ll say, “Aaahhh!”

But really instead what I’ll really say (after I slap you a couple times?) is, “Quit being silly. It’s just a number. Who’s in control of your life anyway?” (Jesus!)

And now isn’t that just so weird? The number of words in this blog post is – take a wild guess - 666. AHH!

(Picture above in the public domain: HERE.)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Lee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters