Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: The Day The Earth Stood Still (22k followers gone)

Friday, July 23, 2010

The Day The Earth Stood Still (22k followers gone)

One year ago the unthinkable happened. (July 23, 2009) No, my house didn't burn down, I didn't have a heart attack, none of those scary things. It was worse (tongue in cheek). I turned my laptop on like usual, but there was something missing. Just short of 22,000 Twitter followers to be exact. (And it wasn't even the Rapture.)

I was shell shocked. I was dumbfounded. I was beside myself. I was breathing heavily. I was in pain. (Ask my wife.)

I'd been working hard at using social media to share the Gospel and God's love as best I could. I had invested a ton of hours in gaining trust, earning the right to be heard and adding value to the community (like you're supposed to) ~ and it was all gone. Every last bit of it. It was a hard pill to swallow. (Gulp.)

The truth is it was God trying to get through to me. (He sometimes does that, you know.)

You see, I was spending too much time doing what I was doing. It was true. Did you know it's easy to do even with a (quote) "good thing"?

I actually enjoyed the new found, Heaven afforded freedom from tweeting. It helped me in another way, too. Since then, when I "lose all" in other ways, it's okay. I don't fret about it so much as I used to. (Be ready to lose it all. Some day you will.)

And so this was the day the earth stood still for me. (I like the original movie best.)

And about how the story ended? After about a week in Purgatory, the Twitter "gods" had mercy on me. They reinstated my audience. There was much supplication.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

I know someone else that lost followers like that. If "all things" work for good then I guess "all" includes technological challenges, too. It is good to be reminded that too much of a good thing is still too much.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God has his own plan on things,most of the times it just doesn't make sense. He's definitely a jealous God, He recently took away something I really treasure - He felt like it was my new God. I had to surrender!

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters