Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: Carried by God's Word - Part 2

Thursday, August 05, 2010

Carried by God's Word - Part 2

"Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you." (Colossians 3:16) I recently called on the Twitter community to help me with a blog post idea I had. I asked friends and followers to send me their favorite Bible verses. I also wanted the reason behind the ones they chose. My purpose was to spotlight God's Word, but as I'm writing this today I'm finding that it's much more than that ~ it's a declaration of the Scriptures' power to affect people's lives. (Hebrews 4:12) With all my heart I believe there's a Bible verse (or two?) here for you. (It's just the way God works.) We, believers, call it our "life verse." That's when a person selects a verse in the Bible (and/or passage) and calls it their own because of it's meaning to them. They carry it around (in their head and heart) and it "carries them" back. Maybe you could use a little "carrying," too? You've come to the right place. May the Word of Christ impact you as it does us...

More Scriptures from Your Friends on Twitter:
(Click HERE for Part 1)

(13) Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through Him (Christ) who strenghens me. (from @JanB4U)

(14) 1 Timothy 4:7. But have nothing to do with worldly fables fit only for old women. On the other hand, discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness. (from @BlancaV)

Spend your time and energy in training yourself for spiritual fitness. Reminds me of my priority.

(15) Isaiah 40:3. A voice is calling, "Clear the way for the LORD in the wilderness; Make smooth in the desert a highway for our God." (from @growwithlaura)

It's part of my life purpose and inspires me to persevere through challenges and continue to help others along the way.

(16) Colossians 3:23. Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men. (from @FastJon23)

I know that every time I commit whatever I'm doing and work as if it is truly for the Lord, He blesses abundantly!

(17) Proverbs 27:17. (NIV) As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. (from @guysandmarriage)

Always reminds me to teach and be taught.

(18) 2 Corinthians 12:9. And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. (from @flipster48)

Meant a lot to me during 8 days in ICU. I was so weak I couldn't lift my head. God gave me strength to persevere.

(19) Psalm 103:1-5. Bless the LORD, O my soul, And all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from the pit, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; Who satisfies your years with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle. (from @JCsRG)

Those are some fantastic benefits! Who wouldn't want them?

(20) Philippians 3:9. (NLT) I no longer count on my own goodness or ability to obey God's law, but I trust Christ to save me. (from @ThinkOnItDevos)

(21) Hebrews 13:8. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. (from @blastofheaven)

(22) 2 Corinthians 12:7-10. Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself! Concerning this I implored the Lord three times that it might leave me. And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you." (from @aaronpotratz)

We all have weaknesses that God uses to make us depend on Him and to make us strong in Christ. What love!

(23) Matthew 5:16. "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." (from @spreadingJOY)

I want to shine brightly for HIM!! I want my light to be seen as a reflection of Him that loves us unconditionally.

(24) Lamentations 3:22-23. (KJV) It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. (from @aheartforgod)

A prophet spoke these verses over me. They have been a comfort more than once (to one of a melancholy and Elijah-like temperament).

(25) Revelation 22:13. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." (from @Arquecy)

I've put it on the back window of many vehicles I've owned. That verse packs a lot of meaning. (Our life story starts and ends with Jesus!)

(Disclaimer: The author of this blog does not necessarily condone or condemn the Twitter sites represented here.)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters