Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: Last Man Standing (A Declaration)

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Last Man Standing (A Declaration)

I'm gonna be there. I'm not gonna miss it. I'm talking about meeting Jesus and hearing, "Well done, good and faithful servant." (Close your eyes and picture it in your mind.) I will do whatever it takes. I will be filled with the Holy Spirit and continue to be filled. (Ephesians 5:18) I will lay off the sin that so easily entangles. (Hebrews 12:1) I will believe like the Bible says to believe. (John 3:16) I will trust in, cling to and rely on the Lord Jesus to save and keep me. I will commit Scripture to memory. I will meditate on God's Word and actively pursue it's application in my life. (Matthew 4:4) I will do what's right even when it's not popular or convenient to do so. I will worship in the secret place and not for the applause of men. (Matthew 6:5-6) I will endure persecution, ridicule, rejection for His great name. (Lord, help me, too.) I will suffer for the Gospel's sake. (Philippians 3:10) I will submit to the loss of finances and the insecurity that can bring (but I am more than secure in Christ). I will meet people's needs as I would my Lord's. (Matthew 25:35-36) I will be the last man standing. With me? (Picture of the 1944 landing at Omaha Beach in the public domain: HERE.)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger The Navy Christian said...

Very nice writing. I like this very much and yes, I'll join you in this lifestyle. Well-written!

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters