Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: When Death Calls

Thursday, September 30, 2010

When Death Calls

I'd just talked to her at church the day before. She was the last one to leave and she told me of a song on her heart. So when the phone rang and the caller said, "She's dead," I hung up in disbelief. "Huh? It can't be true."

I ran out the door and drove to her house mostly in a fog, but mixed with faith, too. My mind was spinning. This was one of my congregants. She was a believer in Jesus Christ. I knew where she was. No question. I knew. It would make all the difference as I pulled up to her house where her body still lay in the yard on the ground.

"To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." (2 Corinthians 5:8)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters