Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: Let There Be Nothing Left - Today

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Let There Be Nothing Left - Today

"And [Jesus] answered, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.'" (Luke 10:27)

I want to talk about leaving it all on the field ~ leaving it all on the field today. Let me explain. I'm not talking about tomorrow. I'm not talking about next week, next month or next year. I'm not talking about when you graduate from Bible college or get your ministry degree or when the pastor recognizes you for how "spiritual" you are. I'm talking about (quote) "today." I'm talking about the field of life "today" ~ my life and your life. Rise up! And in whatever we've got going (as a parent, as a single person) and as a believer in Jesus Christ, in the circumstances we find ourselves in / facing, we need to leave ever last ounce of energy and service and passion on the "field of our life" in the name of Jesus Christ and for His great cause (to rescue sinners).

I'll be the first to admit I don't do it. Not always. I don't always put it all out there and on the line. I don't always give "110%." I have it in me. I know I do. (And so do you.) I could. I can. (You could. You can.) I (we) must! And what if it's that last stretch on our part? What if it's that last reach, squeeze, bit of strength ~ strain (ouch) in prayer, a helping hand, etc? What if that's what it takes to grasp hold of and pull out that single, solitary and forgotten (struggling) soul on the brink? Reach. Squeeze. Let there be nothing left ~ today.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters