Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: God's Plan for Me and You, Too

Friday, December 30, 2011

God's Plan for Me and You, Too

"'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)

It's important to have a plan. A plan is like a target. It gives you something to aim at, shoot for, strive after. It offers you direction.

A plan is measurable. You can sit down and look at your plan and say, "Yes, I have been doing that," or, "No, I haven't been doing that / following my plan." When you're able to say "Yes" about your plan, you feel a sense of growth and accomplishment.

A plan needs to be realistic ~ like you can't have a plan that says, "I'm going to stop the sun from coming up in the morning." But you can have a plan that says, "I'm going to meet the sun as it comes up in the morning." The early bird catches the worm, after all. :)

Did you know God has a plan? And did you know He has a plan for you? Of course, God's plan is specific (like where you're gonna live and who you're gonna marry, etc.), but God's plan is also general in the sense that a part of it is meant for everybody.

I've come up with a list of God's general plan below. It's meant for both me and you, too. I'm going to be following it in the new year and beyond. Join me?...

God's Plan for Me and You, Too:

1. Keep my eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:2)
2. Hide God's Word in my heart (Psalm 119:11)
3. Be filled with the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18)
4. Serve the least of these (Matthew 25:40)
5. Bless the name of the Lord (Psalm 34:1)
6. Speak words of encouragement (Hebrews 10:25b)
7. Give myself fully to Christ's cause (Luke 10:27)
8. Don't abandon the Church (Hebrews 10:25a)
9. Listen for God's still, small voice (1 Kings 19:12)
10. Turn from the sin that so easily entangles (Hebrews 12:1)
11. Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
12. Trust in the Lord with all my heart (Proverbs 3:5-6)

You might also be interested in:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters