Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: A Boy Feeling Sorry for Himself and a Great Lion

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

A Boy Feeling Sorry for Himself and a Great Lion

"'I do think,' said Shasta, 'that I must be the most unfortunate boy that ever lived in the whole world. Everything goes right for everyone except me.'"

In the Narnia series book, The Horse and His Boy by C. S. Lewis, a boy named Shasta finds himself having a pity party. And why shouldn't Shasta pity himself? After all, his whole life has been a series of unfortunate and depressing circumstances. He's been left behind, left alone, forgotten. (Ever have that happen?)

It is in the midst of Shasta's wallowing that he discovers somebody walking beside him. It seems that this "Thing" (or Person) has been with him for a lot longer than Shasta realized.

If you've read the book you know it's the great lion, Aslan Himself, who's near Shasta (even though he didn't know it). It's a quite wonderful part (and I'm convinced the high point) of The Horse and His Boy where Shasta learns about how, during his whole life, Aslan has been with him ~ through the ups and downs ~ and, in reality, he's been orchestrating (the great Lion has) every last single one of them.

It's here in the story that Aslan speaks to Shasta...
"I was the lion...who forced you to join with Aravis. I was the cat who comforted you among the houses of the dead. I was the lion who drove the jackals from you while you slept. I was the lion who gave the Horses the new strength of fear for the last mile so that you should reach King Lune in time. And I was the lion you do not remember who pushed the boat in which you lay, a child near death, so that it came to shore where a man sat, wakeful at midnight, to receive you."
And Jesus has been with us similarly. (Selah~pause to reflect) And I just feel very impressed to say it: Jesus has been with you every last step of the way. (Somebody just burst into tears after reading that.) Did you need to hear it? Let it sink in, dear one, loved by the Lord.

I challenge you to look back over your life and go to each point and see them through the eyes of the Spirit and recognize and view God there with you in that moment, in that time, orchestrating, helping, guiding, stirring, moving, drawing, loving, holding, undergirding, strengthening, leading ~ YOU!

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you." (Isaiah 43:2a)

You might also be interested in:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Cecilia Marie Pulliam said...

So true. Over and over again this has happened in my own life. In a personal encounter with My Savior, He told me personally I would walk through an inferno, endure great suffering, but as long as I held onto Him, my faith, the flames would never burn me, and He would be waiting on the other side. Beautiful post.

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters