Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: The Cross is a Great Thing

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Cross is a Great Thing

This guy showed up this week in my office with a box. He was a little dirty in the face, but shaven. His hair was greased back (probably not shampooed that day). He had a tie on, too. He was doing his very best to be presentable.

He said to me, "Would you like to buy something."

Now you got to know, I usually don't buy things from traveling salesman. And at first, I thought it was the enchilada man that often comes around at lunch time to the businesses in the area. So I was poised with my typical answer, "No."

But the young man went on.

"Would you like to buy something ... to help our ministry?"

My ears perked up.

"What ya got there?"

He showed me the two "cakes" that were left in the box.

I said, "What church do you go to?"

He went on to say how he'd been homeless and a drunk and some church people came by one day and gave him some clean clothes and took him in and were helping him to get free of alcohol and he hadn't had a drink for a whole month.

(I'm crying as I write this.)

The cross is a great thing.

You might also be interested in:

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger tuffy163 said...

A beautiful story of inspiration. God bless.

9:36 AM  
Blogger CinDCat said...

I weep also, for there r so many of us out there who need help & kno thru God's saving grace help WILL come! Thanks for sharing!

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An awesome story of grace

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters