Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: Bat Man

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bat Man

"So it came about whenever the evil spirit from God came to Saul, David would take the harp and play it with his hand; and Saul would be refreshed and be well, and the evil spirit would depart from him." (1 Samuel 16:23)

(This is the first in a series: Taking It to the Streets.)

I used to lead worship in San Francisco for the street evangelism team on Friday nights. We would drive from Fremont in the East Bay (where I lived and went to Bible school) to the City to meet at a downtown church for prayer. It was always a thrill to hear which part of town we were going to.

This particular night it was Fisherman's Wharf. (I can still smell the Bay in my mind as I'm typing this.)

We got set up as usual and began to sing. We were facing the street with the Wharf behind us.

That's when "he" appeared.

From across the street I could see him. He had anger in his eyes, a chip on his shoulder, was directing his gaze at me (why me?) and a (baseball) bat in his hands. (Bat man?)

His eyes never left me as he was coming towards us ~ bat held high (and ready to swing?).

I kept playing my guitar. We kept singing. He kept coming. It was like slow motion.

He was 20 steps away, 15, 10, 5 ~ fire in his eyes. That's when it happened...

He got right up next to me. The bat came down! Yes, it did.

But not in the way it could have (on to my head).

His arms just lowered. His eyes lightened.

He walked away.

So, did you think that praise didn't work? :)

You might also be interested in:

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters