What Would Jesus Pin? (7 Ways to Use Pinterest for Ministry)Tweet
I enjoy social media. (You've probably discovered that?) And as a platform to communicate God's love to the world, it's a fantastic tool in the arsenal of every believer. Add to the mix the latest social media darling: Pinterest. You can use it for ministry, too, I'm finding out. (Click the thumbnail above to visit my Pinterest site.)
Pinterest is all about pinning and re-pinning. Basically, it's an online pin / bulletin board where you "pin" pictures, notes, videos, etc., from anywhere on the web. You can upload your own stuff, too.
With this in mind I've come up with my own way of using Pinterest to share the Gospel. (I'm still learning.)
The quick bullet list below is meant to be a help to your ministry endeavors on Pinterest, whatever they may be (links to my example Pinterest boards are included)...
7 Ways to Use Pinterest for Ministry:
1. Dive in. Pray for God to direct you. See where He might lead. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
2. Migrate content you've already posted on other platforms. (My Infographics; My Blog Posts)
3. Create videos on youtube and pin those. (Book of Revelation 1 and Book of Revelation 2; Pastor Mike's Original Choruses)
4. Create teaching images brand new for Pinterest and your own Scripture boards with verses meaningful to you. (Scripture Images; Teaching Images)
5. Include descriptions with your own pins (pictures) plus use hashtags, too (they are searchable on Pinterest just like on Twitter).
6. Interact with others by commenting on their pins. Follow others and their boards. Be social. Be friendly.
7. Just have fun creating boards, liking and re-pinning others' pins. Show yourself as a genuine human being. (A Heart for God; #Tworship; Hot Air Balloons; Guitars; Sunflower Seeds)
You might also be interested in: