10 Mistakes Christians Make with Social Media (plus 1 bonus)Tweet
10 Mistakes Christians Make with Social Media (plus 1 bonus):
1. Spread themselves too thin across multiple platforms (I've seen old-timers do this).
2. (Goes with 1) Don't establish a main home base (a blog is best).
3. (Goes with 2) Don't post regularly to their home base (makes it look like nobody's home).
4. Condemn the use of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest versus traditional means of communication.
5. Overlook its ability to get a message out (the Gospel) to a mass audience in a short time (i.e. video going viral).
6. Measure themselves against others rather than being themselves (who God made them to be).
7. Come on board late versus being an early adopter.
8. Forget to study the gurus and how they use it.
9. Don't capitalize on the power of teamwork by partnering with another.
10. Just broadcast (Web 1.0) versus interact, collaborate with the community (Web 2.0).
BONUS Actually undermine a fellow believer for whatever reason (jealousy?).
You might also be interested in:
- F-a-c-e-b-o-o-k (an approach to sharing the love of God)
- What Would Jesus Pin? (7 Ways to Use Pinterest for Ministry)