Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: A Social Media Morning in the Life of Pastor Mike

Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Social Media Morning in the Life of Pastor Mike

I thought it would be fun just to write down for you a typical social media morning in my life and what I find myself doing as I start my day. This is just off the cuff, fresh and raw (and not necessarily in chronological order).

And so I grabbed my iPad first today and checked my HootSuite app / dashboard to see mentions and check in on my daughter. (I always do.) She responded to my DM from last night.

After that, I remembered a Twitter friend that I needed to respond to. (So I did that.)

Then I opened my Facebook app (on the iPad still) to see if there were any sign ups for the Heart Chat Spiritual Warfare Bible Study to accept and respond to. (Starts Sept 30.) None yet (it was only 3:30 am, Pacific USA after all), but Saturdays are big days for sign ups. (Did you know that the day of the week that has the most people on social media is Saturday?)

I did have a Facebook friend request from one of the Bible study members. I confirmed that. And he (this new friend) wanted me to respond to an atheist who had written on his wall. So I switched to my wife's laptop and did. Lifted up Jesus and gave a short testimony. It's the best witness.

I also checked my C. S. Lewis iPad app and made that the status update to my Facebook ministry page. ("If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.") I posted this same quote to my Google+ page. I do try to alter updates across platforms so that if I have duplicate followers, friends on different sites they don't just get the same quote. (I'm funny like that.)

I put a Bible verse on my Facebook friend page which was a duplicate from my main twitter page. ("For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20)

I also updated to the Heart Chat Spiritual Warfare Bible Study group the first of two video blogs on the full armor of God as a teaser (is what I like to call them). 

And then now I'm over here putting the finishing touch on this blog post. I will do some following on Twitter after I'm done here.

I will also tweet to the #Tworship and #HeartChat hashtags (and have been already). I'm listening to Kari Jobe on grooveshark this morning and love to send the chorus lines as they are ministering to me.

And so there you have it. A quick look at my social media morning. Of course, this is only the tip of the iceberg as only you fellow social media fanatics know. :)

You might also be interested in:

Labels: , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters