Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: Humbled

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Humbled

I was humbled. Not once. Not twice. But three times. How much "humiliation" can a person take? (Philippians 2:5-11)

It's a good thing to be "humbled." It breaks the back of pride.

The first way I was humbled is I had to confess my sin to another person in public.

I had a bad attitude with an accounts manager at our bank. After that meeting I told God I would say I was sorry (admit my sin) if I ever ran into that person again. This is months later now. This person never works at the teller window. I mean, never. Except today she was. And guess who went to her window?

The second way I was humbled is I had to pay $100 at the gas station. It wasn't for gas. It was for something else.

You see, I'd driven away with the handle to the gas pump still in my tank and ripped it clean away. My 13-year old daughter was with me. She got to see up close and personal how a dad who loves Jesus deals with an accident. He doesn't get angry. He doesn't throw a fit. He submits to the powers that be ~ to whatever they decide is reconciliation / repayment / restitution.

The third way I was humbled was when I got home and told my wife what happened.

I wasn't able to get through on the cell phone so this is the first time she heard it. And she looked at me sternly. (She needed to.) And she said, "Mike, you can't continue to keep the schedule you're keeping." She was right. I've been burning the candle on both ends with social media, etc. (And here I am writing this blog post!) It's been affecting my judgment and my alertness.

I need to be more balanced. (Pray for me.) If the devil can't stop you from doing something, he'll get you to overdo that something.

Is there an area in your life that you need to be "humbled"?

You might also be interested in:

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

As a child of God, doing the right thing isn't doing the easy thing. I commend you for setting the example for us all as children of our living God.
Praying for your rest, knowledge and peace of heart. Blessings...+

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters