Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: Has God Forgotten Us (Me)?

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Has God Forgotten Us (Me)?

I was going to a rock concert at the Oakland Coliseum. We wanted to get there early for a good spot in line. So we were leaving at 9:00 p.m. We would stand in line all night until the next morning when the gates opened.

I was waiting at home for my friends to pick me up. It was 9:00 p.m. Then it was 9:30. Then it was 10:00. I waited. Then it was 10:30. Then it was 11:00. Then it was 11:30. I waited. (I stayed awake.) Then it was midnight. (You can just imagine the thoughts going through my head.) Then it was 12:30. 1 a.m. I went to bed. No phone call. No message that they were gonna be late / not coming. Nothing.

Forgotten. (Job 19:14) That's really what happened to me on that night long ago. I was forgotten. I slipped from the mind of my friends (all of them). They had contracted amnesia when it came to Mike. (Crazy.)

And it can happen in the spiritual realm, too. Let me explain. Believers in Jesus Christ can somehow feel like (think that) God has forgotten them. It takes place when trouble lasts much longer than we were hoping, when we're having to endure a season of pain with no release in sight, when nothing seems to go right. And even though we're serving God and putting Him first and trusting in Him, but still we're being pounded by waves off the sea, greater and greater still with the approaching storm. "Has God forgotten us?" we ask ourselves. "Has God forgotten me?" (Psalm 42:9)

Maybe you're asking this question. Maybe you're feeling the heartache I felt long ago the night my friends forgot me. The bottom line is God can never forget you. (Let it sink in.) He hasn't forgotten you. He is with you (if you believe in Jesus). (Hebrews 13:5c) He is near you. (Acts 17:27) He is in you. (Colossians 1:27b)

"'Can a woman forget her nursing child
And have no compassion on the son of her womb?
Even these may forget, but I will not forget you.
Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands;
Your walls are continually before Me.
Your builders hurry;
Your destroyers and devastators
Will depart from you.'"
(Isaiah 49:15-17)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Deanne said...

Hi, I very much enjoyed this post. I am following you on twitter. Noticed you have posts on Pilgrims Progress. I just read through the teen version of this with my 4 children. I was wondering if you would like to put this post "Has God Forgotten Us (Me)? in our new inspirational emag that my husband and I are doing? Marie from @spreadingJoy has submitted some of her writings to us for the emag.You can reach me @Demacb on twitter or tellitonthemountain@live.ca Thanks

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are times in life when i feel as if God has forgotten me. This morning i woke up with a heavy heart. I came across these via twitter and i can confidently say he has not forgotten me. I'm always in his rememberance.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters