Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: Demons Over The Balcony (Crisis Prayer)

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Demons Over The Balcony (Crisis Prayer)

My mom had a heart attack. The next thing I knew I was on a plane from Minneapolis (where I was going to Bible college) to San Francisco. What added to the tension was it took place as the first Gulf War (1991) was starting. The airports were under heavy guard, fencing and all. Upon landing, my brothers drove me from the airport to the hospital. I entered CCU (the Coronary Care Unit). My mom didn't look good.

I didn't sleep well that night at my parent's house. (I can still remember the nightmare.) Very early the next morning my dad spoke to the nurse on the phone. She said they almost lost my mom in the night. I panicked. (It happens.)

My mom would tell me later that morning that she felt herself leaving her body (going up), but said to God, "I can't leave yet. I need to see Mike's baby." (My wife was five months pregnant at the time.) That's when she said she fell back down into her body.

When we got home that afternoon, I went on a prayer walk. This wasn't just any ol' prayer walk. This prayer walk lasted the next two and a half hours. (Selah ~ pause to reflect)

I prayed a lot of things. I prayed against the demons. (They were in my nightmare. I was throwing them over the side of the balcony in the college chapel.) I also prayed that God would grant my mom ten more years of life. (Isaiah 38:1-7) It was like the woman before the judge in the parable. I wore him out. I beat him down until he judged on my behalf. (Luke 18:1-8)

God not only granted my mom ten more years, but it's twenty and counting now (in the year 2011). Thank you, Lord.

You may or may not be in a crisis. If you are, it's time to "crisis pray"?! If you aren't, you just may be in one in the near future. Why not "crisis pray" ahead of it? ~ for God to strengthen you when it happens, for God to be a sun and shield (Psalm 84:11), for God to make a way where there seems to be no way.

"Demons over the balcony in the name of Jesus!"

You might also be interested in:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that your mom is still doing well.

Your story reminds me of the scripture in the bible..2 Kings 20.

Where the prophet goes to Hezekiah, I think, and tells him that he is sick and will die soon and to get his things in order. But when Hezekiah prayed, that's when God changed His mind so to speak.

Prayer works...there's no doubt about it.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! powerful this early a.m.

Demons over the balcony in the name of Jesus!"- I will do this.

Bless ya'.

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is good ! Praise the Lord !

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters