Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: In Bed with a Demon - Part 2

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

In Bed with a Demon - Part 2

(To read "In Bed with a Demon - Part 1," click here.)

His room was as dark as night. The blankets over the windows were positioned to not let any light in. The walls and ceilings were covered with posters of rock groups. And the boy had just as many cassettes. (It was the 80s after all.)

At that point he asked me what he should do. He never again wanted to go through what he had gone through the night before (meeting some "entity" at the end of his bed).

Ultimately, I wanted to pray. (What else does one do in that situation?)

But before I prayed I told him that everything had to go ~ the posters, the tapes ~ everything. Even the blankets had to come down. If he was really serious he needed to get right with God and give up everything that was not of Him.

So he began to tear the posters down and to throw the tapes into a box. It was a most humbling sight. These were this young person's treasures. He even took off the shirt he was wearing. On it was the name and picture of one of his favorite bands.

He gave me everything.

Before leaving I prayed for him. I prayed for a cleansing to take place in his life and in that room. And I prayed against the enemy that he wouldn't return.

I left with two good-size boxes of paraphernalia to discard. I quickly did in a nearby trash bin.

The devil. He's not just a fantasy, my friends. He is real. At this very moment he's plotting how he might destroy you.

Do you realize that? Do you understand it?

You might also be interested in:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would any true Christian ever be afraid of satan himself, let alone a demon?

We have ALL Power and Authority in Heaven, Earth and below the Earth in Jesus Name!

Our job is to cast them out, never to run from them!

Being afraid of an evil spirit shows a lack of Christian understanding!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters