Image by jasmic Subscribe by email Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
A Heart For God: Where It All Started...

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Where It All Started...

I woke up in the San Francisco Bay Area today. Here are a few of my tweets as I started the day...

You can tell by my tweets I am a believer in Jesus Christ. (Romans 1:16)

This is where it all happened (the San Francisco Bay Area).

This is where I got in a car accident on the 880 Freeway near Scott Creek Road in Fremont in pouring rain and was hit by a truck.

This is where I looked up to heaven in the pouring rain standing there in ankle deep mud and knew where I would have gone if I had died. (It was not to heaven.)

This is where after I got saved I signed up (at a Petra concert) to sponsor a child overseas through Compassion International. (Our family is on our third sponsored child now in 29 years.)

This is where I used to go out street-witnessing on Broadway in San Francisco with an on fire group of believers handing out Gospel tracts to cars passing by (you should have seen me as a new believer ~ I just teared up writing that).

This is where I was attending the Catholic Church (which I'd grown up in) and was asked to oversee my first Bible study (look at me now ~ I just teared up again).

This is where some friends said to me, "Mike, come on over to the Pentecostal church where you'll get fed." (I cherish my Catholic upbringing ~ I got saved as a Catholic after all!)

This is where I went to that Pentecostal church (First Assembly of God, Fremont) and discovered there was a Bible school there and I decided to attend.

This is where I put up an ad at Guitar Center in San Jose seeking to play in a Christian band and I got a call from two guys that loved the Lord (God would do incredible things through us ~ I am tearing up a third time ~ I miss them).

This is where (I'm back at the Bible school part again) I prayed for a wife, but she needed to (I'm crying again) ~ she needed to love the Lord like I did. (Little did I know God had her hidden right under my nose and from my ability to perceive at the very Bible school at the Pentecostal church. She'd come from Minnesota.)

This is where I (we) got married (Shinn Park, Fremont) and had our second child, Michael (Kaiser Hospital, Hayward), who was a miracle boy. "This never happens," the doctor said. He shouldn't have lived with his umbilical cord wrapped so tightly in a knot (yes, more tears).

This is where I served in my first professional ministry position as a Children's and Junior High Pastor. (It was a total miracle in itself that we got that position. I don't have time to tell you.)

And this is where I (we) decided to leave to pastor a church in the Sierra foothills towards Yosemite and left in December 1996. (We've been gone ever since.)

The Bay Area story isn't over as I'm with my daughter, Kelly @warriorwoman91, going to a Welcome day at the University of California East Bay this morning (where she'll be attending in the Fall).

I am full of joy, gratitude, happiness, teary-eyed as I wake up in the Bay Area today.

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10)

"'For I know the plans that I have for you,'" declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)

You might also be interested in:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Dorci said...

Praise the Lord for all His good work in your life!

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






free counters